Jumat, 07 Oktober 2016

Hi...guys...this is the exercise for Midterm Test...Hope you like it and be useful for the test...GOOD LUCK then.


You can either do it here or download the Ms. Word

I.          Choose the best answer.
1.         Every time he (go) home, he (take) the bus.
A.         is going – is taking
B.         goes – is taking
C.         goes – takes
D.         goes – take
E.         went – took
2.         When she (cook), she never (use) Enhancer.
A.         cook – use
B.         cooks – use
C.         is cooking – use
D.         is cooking – uses
E.         is cooking – is using
3.         When Rita (be) on holiday, she (go) to historical sites.
A.         isgo    D.                  be – will go
B.         isgoes E.                  is – will goes
C.         begoes
4.         When the lift (be) over loaded, the alarm (go) off.
A.         be – will goes              D.  isgoes
B.         be – will go                  E.   isgo
C.         begoes
5.         Every time we (be) separated, we always (keep) in touch.
A.         bekeeps                   D.  arekeep
B.         arekeeps                 E.   are – will keeps
C.         bekeep
6.         If you (push) the button, the nurse (come).
A.         will push – comes
B.         pushwill come
C.         pushis coming
D.         pushescomes
E.         pushcome
7.         You (be) healthier if you (drink) that pills.
A.         are – drink                  D.  are – will drink
B.         are – drinks                 E.   will be – drinks
C.         will be – drink
8.         (you, be) happy if I (give) you money?
A.         You are – give
B.         Will you be – give
C.         Will you are – give
D.         Are you – will give
E.         Are you being – give
9.         If you (take) a taxi, you (have to) pay the fare.
A.         are taking – are having to
B.         take – would have to
C.         takes – will have to
D.         take – will have to
E.         tookhave to
10.      Sarah (stay) unless she (have) money
A.         are staying – is having
B.         stays – is having
C.         won’t stay – is having
D.         are not staying – has
E.         will stay – has
11.      What (you, say) if you (meet) Mrs. Robinson?
A.         would you say – met
B.         were you saying – met
C.         did you say – are meeting
D.         would you say – are meeting
E.         were you saying – were meeting
12.      You (not, make) it if you (not, follow) my advice today.
A.         did not – not follow
B.         did not – didn’t follow
C.         wouldn’t make – not follow
D.         wouldn’t make – don’t follow
E.         wouldn’t make – didn’t follow
13.      If my message (not, come), Sisca (not, come) to see you now.
A.         are not coming – wouldn’t come
B.         didn't come – would not come
C.         don’t come – would not come
D.         don’t come – wouldn’t come
E.         didn’t come – will not come
14.      If you didn’t show me hands, I would not believe it’s true.
From the conditional above, we know that…
A.         I believe it’s true
B.         You don’t tell me
C.         You doesn’t tell me
D.         You show me, but I don’t believe
E.         You show me, but I didn’t believe
15.      I can’t go because it’s raining.
We can also say...
A.         I couldn’t go if it weren’t raining.
B.         If I didn’t go, it could be raining.
C.         I couldn’t go if it wasn’t raining.
D.         If I went, it couldn’t be raining.
E.         I could go if it weren’t raining.
16.     
I was accepted because I met the requiere-ments, but…
A.         If I hadn’t met the requirements, I wouldn’t have been accepted.
B.         If I had met the requirements, I wouldn’t have been accepted.
C.         If I hadn’t met the requirements, I would have been accepted.
D.         If I had met the requirements, I would have been accepted.
E.         If I met the requirements, I wouldn’t have been accepted.

17.      If the weather (be) nice, we (swim) two days ago.
A.         had been – would have swum
B.         were – would have swum
C.         had been – would swim
D.         were – would swim
E.         was – would swim

18.      I wish these test _____ (not be) so difficult.
A.         isn’t                              D.  weren't
B.         aren’t                           E.   haven’t been
C.         wasn’t
19.     
If I hadn’t stayed in the sun all day, my body wouldn’t have gotten tan.
The fact is…
A.         I didn’t stay in the sun all day, so my body hasn’t gotten tan.
B.         I didn’t stay in the sun all day, so my body hasn’t got tan.
C.         I stayed in the sun all day, so my body hasn’t gotten tan.
D.         I stayed in the sun all day, so my body has gotten tan.
E.         I had stayed at home, so my body has gotten tan.

20.      If we (not, go) to a good restaurant, we (not, have) a better dinner last night.
A.         didn't go – wouldn’t have
B.         hadn’t gone – wouldn’t have
C.         didn’t go – wouldn’t have had
D.         hadn’t gone – wouldn’t have had
E.         wouldn’t have gone – didn’t have had
21.      If John (write) more words, he (have) a good report last semester.
A.         had written – would have have
B.         had written – would have had
C.         had written – would have
D.         wrote – would have had
E.         wrote – would have
22.      Donny can’t accompany me next week because he has to attend a meeting.
A.         I wish he can accompany me.
B.         I wish he could accompany me.
C.         I wish he couldn’t accompany me.
D.         I wish he could have accompanied me.
E.         I wish he couldn’t have accompanied me.

23.      My father never gives me money.
A.         I wish he would give me money.
B.         I wish he gave me money.
C.         I wish he would have given me money.
D.         I wish he would had given me money.
E.         I wish he would gave me money.

24.      I know that Anton won’t give me his notes, but I wish he me ones.
A.         will gave                      D.  would give
B.         will give E.                  would have given
C.         would gave
25.      My sister never lets anybody borrow her things, but this time I wish she hers to Tommy. He need it badly.
A.         would lent                   D.  wouldn't lend
B.         would lend                  E.   would have lent
C.         wouldn’t lent
26.      John is careless person. Tomorrow he will have the job interview. I wish he careful.
A.         will be    D.                  wouldn’t be
B.         would be                     E.   would have been
C.         will not be

27.      I can't go. I wish…
A.         I can go D.               I couldn’t go
B.         I can’t go                 E.   I could have gone
C.         I could go
28.      My car is broken. I wish my car… 
A.         was broken
B.         isn’t broken
C.         were broken
D.         wasn’t broken
E.         weren’t broken
29.      I wish we _____ (not have) a homework today.
A.         hadn't                          D.  hadn’t have
B.         had hadn’t                  E.   haven’t had
C.         didn't have
30.      I wish we ____ (not, live) next to the train station.
A.         weren't lived               D.  didn’t live
B.         haven’t lived              E.   don’t live
C.         wasn’t lived
31.     
I failed my driving test. I wish…
A.         I weren’t more careful.
B.         I wasn’t more careful.
C.         I have been more.
D.         I had been more careful.
E.         I was more careful.
32.     
I didn't win the race. I wish I harder.
A.         tried                           D.  hadn’t tried
B.         had tried                   E.   would have tried
C.         didn’t try
33.      You had trouble. I wish you everything Tom told you. He is not a good advisor.
A.         weren’t doing             D.  didn’t
B.         haven’t done              E.   don’t
C.         hadn’t done
34.      Yesterday I couldn’t catch the train. I wish I taxi.
A.         took                             D.  have taken
B.         take                              E.   were taking
C.         had taken
35.      Rina got accident. She wishes she more careful in driving.
A.         is                                   D.  have been
B.         was                               E.   were
C.         had been
36.      Which of the following has the closest meaning to Absolute?
A.         Provisional                  D.  Unconditional
B.         Hearsay                      E.   Unconfirmed
C.         Invalid
37.      Which of the following which has the opposite meaning of Altogether?
A.         Althings                       D.  Everything
B.         Overall                         E.   Incompletely
C.         Generally
38.      The following which has the closest meaning to Being is…
A.         Abstract                      D.  Living
B.         Inanimate                   E.   Nothingness
C.         Deadness
39.      Which of the following which has the opposite meaning of Blush?
A.         Red                              D.  Rouge
B.         Redness                       E.   Paleness
C.         rosiness
40.      There was no point in trying to ____  the truth now. I’ve already known everything.
A.         Concern                      D.  Show
B.         Conceal                       E.   Join
C.         Advice
41.      Try to keep ______, and tell me exactly what happened.
A.         Restless                       D.  Calm
B.         Stupid                          E.   Clean
C.         Cool
42.      Dave’s a strong boy. He has a lot of __________ in his arms, and he’s __________ his legs, too, by running a lot.
A.         strengthstrengthened
B.         strengtheningstrength
C.         stronglystrength
D.         strengthstrongly
E.         strengthenstrongly
43.      George is a good judge of character, but in this case I think his __________ is too harsh.
A.         judgement                  D.  judgely
B.         judging                        E.   judgemental
C.         judged
44.      Which of the following has the closest meaning to Capture?
A.         Freeing                         D.  Imprisonment
B.         Letting go                    E.   Release
C.         Liberalization
45.      Which of the following which has the opposite meaning of Brief?
A.         Abrupt                         D.  Pithy
B.         Lengthy                       E.   Concise
C.         Blunt

II.        Answer these questions briefly
46.      Write the meaning (fact) of the following conditional sentences
A.         If I hadn’t given him money, he would have never gone to Europe.
B.         You would handle the situation if you followed my notes.

47.      Rewrite the sentence below using WISH
A.         I don’t have wings.
B.         I have a test tomorrow.
C.       I told him my secret yesterday.









 



1 komentar: